We defend people and companies being investigated by government agencies.
We counsel companies as well as individual executives and officers through all stages of an investigation—from communicating with the investigators, to responding to subpoenas and producing documents, to preparing for depositions or testimony. Agencies that we have dealt with in the past include the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and Offices of the Inspector General for numerous federal agencies.
We have also counseled companies and individuals through congressional investigations, including investigations by the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee and the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.
Examples of matters we have handled include:
- Represented a senior government official subpoenaed to testify before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.
- Represented a former executive of a major company in negotiating a resolution and avoiding criminal charges related to enforcement proceedings brought by the CFTC.
- Represented an employee subpoenaed to provide testimony in an SEC investigation regarding revenue recognition policies and practices in a major company.
- Represented a small business in responding to allegations of procurement irregularities made by a disgruntled former employee.
- Represented a government attorney in a high-profile investigation conducted by the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee.